When it comes to book hangover I think I have an immunity because I don’t really get them much. Trying to find the top five for this topic was very difficult for me.
I stared at my bookshelves for a long time, scrolled through my Goodreads page and yet couldn’t find a book that seriously left me in a big black void of emotions for too long and/or stopped me from reading other books, but the following five were pretty close.
- A thousand splendid suns. This book, as some of you may know, is about women’s lives in Afganistan going up and down with each change of the state’s politics. This book broke my heart. I got mad, I cried, I smiled. Mostly I got horribly mad. After finishing it, I couldn’t sleep and the next two days all I did was talk about the book with almost everyone. It’s still in my mind to this day.
- Wuthering Heights. This book left me wondering about so many things. I think there is more to it than what we see in the surface. Who to trust and who not to trust? I was left in doubt about my own feelings about each character.
- Anna Karenina. This must come as a surprise because people don’t usually like this book and its heroine, but I do. I really loved Anna and I understood her very well. She isn’t weak as some people say. She is a person who is trying to find happiness in that kind of society. I read the book in two days and spend the rest of the week thinking about it. Oh, my poor Anna!
- Before I fall. “Maybe you can afford to wait. Maybe for you there’s a tomorrow. Maybe for you there’s one thousand tomorrows, or three thousand, or ten, so much time you can bathe in it, roll around it, let it slide like coins through you fingers. So much time you can waste it. But for some of us there’s only today. And the truth is, you never really know.” I read this book two days after the loss of someone very very dear to me. Need I say more?
- The Arabian Nights. Shocking, right? I enjoyed this book a lot. I was inside a fairytale world and when the book was over I felt kind of empy. I got over it easy and fast, but still the slight hangover was there.
What about you bookworms? Which book left you in a huge hangover?
If you wanna join the T5W then please click here Top 5 Wednesday. If you have done this already let me know below so I can like and comment.
And add me on Goodreads, thedailyam. It’s an order. I want to stalk your reading lists.